TARDIS Compositing Project

 TARDIS Compositing Project


Plan/Idea

I've seen several renders of people compositing their TARDIS models on shots from various models from Doctor Who, even on-set photos. I sometimes see TARDIS composite renders in other movies, such as Bladerunner 2049

I wanted to do something a little different by taking actual photos of Leicester City Centre, and composite my TARDIS 3d model in those photos instead. I asked my friend, Bhadir (bhadir.jpg on Instagram), who is a photographer and he is able to help me out with this project. Unfortunately, he is studying in London but, when he's able to come to Leicester, we'll be able to take some photos of the city centre. Bhadir has advised me to consider doing a "recce" (reconnaissance), which means surveying the area to get a good idea of what the it is, how we could take the photo, etc,. from my understanding and I do agree with him. As I'm not fully clear on how a reconnaissance is done for photography, I'll be looking into it more in detail in the near future.

For the TARDIS model I want to composite, I'll be using the my Arwel Wyn Jones TARDIS box model as, it is my favourite "Police Box" design. 

@set_dw on X

 Here is my take on the TARDIS box, in Blender:

 


Modelling-wise, I think this is spot-on. There are, maybe, some inaccuracies but overall I think I've done a good job. The modelling was done using a combination of reference images from various screengrabs of Doctor Who episodes & on-set images, and a blueprint/elevation plans, designed by TARDISMan.

Elevation/Blueprint designed by TARDISMan

Unfortunately, I developed a massive burnout with 3d modelling & animation, so I've decided to take a break. However, I'm planning to do a recce of my city centre, on Monday 13th November, to get a good feel of what I want to achieve in each photo. However, I've screenshotted a couple areas using Google Maps to mark down where I want to take my photos



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sculpting in Blender

Chase Yourself Project