Final Major Project 2022 (Evaluation)

 Final Major Project 2022 (Evaluation)

I've made this blog to specifically to evaluate and reflect on how I think the Final Major Project went. 

Personally, I think it went alright. Not good, but not bad either. I've encountered a lot of errors & techincal difficulties along the way and it got me drained mentally. If it weren't for that and if I was a lot more resilient, I would've gotten a lot more done, I would've gotten the animation done, one which I wasn't able to do. On the miro board, I've set "Managing my time better" as one of my targets and I'm ashamed to say that I've failed. 

There was going to be much more in this project than what I've done, for example, in my storyboard, my CG Character would come to life and make me a cup of coffee the old-fashioned way. And I would've used fluid simulations to animate him pouring the coffee into the cup.




I've encountered a lot of technical difficulties along the way. One of the main ones were that whenever I was texturing my CG Character. There was a lot of bleeds from areas of the texture where I didn't want it to be.



As you can see the black texture is bleeding through outside of the mesh. This was because in the UV Layout, some of the islands were touching right next to each other. So, i've had to adjust the layout a bit. That resolved the issue but I forgot to save the .blend file after I exported the model as an FBX file again. So what happened was that the textures were overlapping each other and misaligned. Luckily it was UV Island for the body of my CG Character which was causing the issue. So, I scaled that island in the UV Editor so that the texture looked somewhat fixed. 

Reflection
Upon reflection, I should've managed my time a bit more. If it wasn't for the delay in filming, which caused me to be unmotivated and lazy. I should've been using my gantt chart more regularly, updating it regularly. But, instead, I didn't for the reasons mentioned above. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sculpting in Blender

TARDIS Compositing Project

Chase Yourself Project