Final Major Project (Pre-Production)

 Final Major Project (Pre-Production)

Our teacher has given us our final brief of this year. This will cover all of the skills in, 3D tools, animation & VFX as it is a test on what we've learnt so far in the whole year. In the brief, it asks us to make a short VFX sequence where you interact with a CG Character of your own design. 

Like before we have to make some pre-production documents such as a Treatment Plan, Storyboard, shot lists etc., before filming. Since we're also including a CG character into the film, we also have to do some concept art for the CG Character. Firstly, I've planned my weeks so, I've a general idea of what I'll be doing using a Gantt Chart;






I've given myself two weeks to do the Pre-Production documents because, I think the storyboard, the location scouting, the risk assessment for said location & the concept art will all take a while. I also need to give myself time to travel to said location and risk assess the area.     

For filming, 3d modelling, animating & rendering I've given myself two weeks. I've given filming 3 days, so, if I need to reshoot some of my shots, I can use one of the days to do that. I've given 3D modelling 3 days as it's more of a trial & error basis, and I may need to cut some bits of the model if I encounter any issues. Same for texturing.

For the post-production side of the project, I've given myself a total of four weeks as, compositing cg elements to real life footage seems like a time consuming task & I've to write up an evaluation which'll also be time consuming. Video editing, however, shouldn't be a problem. 

My CG character will be a sentient futuristic coffee machine. I've went straight in with my research, I've grabbed images of different robots & coffee machines for reference so I could take out specific elements



I, then, thought about the different materials my CG character could use,


I've wanted to go with a dirty, used type of look.

I then went into the location scouting and risk assessment (unfinished) as I wanted to film my short film, at the college. I'd thought I'd get that out of the way instead, I even updated it on my gantt chart.

Location Scout & Risk Assess meant to be done next week



But, managed to get them done, today 06/04/2022 so, more time can be spent on other tasks



The Storyboarding wasn't difficult to do, however, I wasn't good at drawing so, I did my best to draw the shots I needed as close as I can. Here's my storyboard;










Now, all that's left to do is my shot list. Here's my shot list;
















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sculpting in Blender

TARDIS Compositing Project

Chase Yourself Project