Harry101UK is a 3D Artist, in the UK. Harry is most known for his animations based on the memorable video game franchise, Portal. He utilises Source Filmmaker, an animation software which uses the Source engine but has recently moved on to Source 2 Filmmaker, an updated version of the original Source Filmmaker, which is present in Valve's most recent game directory, Half Life: Alyx. Harry101UK is most known for his "Meet the Cores" franchise which is a parody of the popular video game trailers for Team Fortress 2.
Harry is also known for parodying famous songs & making them Portal-themed. "This is Aperture" being one of them, which is a parody of a song from The Nightmare Before Christmas, "This is Halloween".
Why his work inspires me
One of the main reasons why his work is such a huge deal to me is that, he's a huge inspiration in becoming a 3D Artist as well. His work, gives me an energy jolt into using Source Filmmaker myself, and I do enjoy using the software, despite how old & buggy it is. I plan to become an animator for short films. Here's some of my work;
Andrew Stanton
Andrew Stanton is a Director, Screenwriter & Animator at Pixar. As a Director, Andrew's work is most known for, WALL-E, Finding Nemo, Finding Dory. I find that the work he does, especially for WALL-E, inspires me to be an animator myself.
Why his work inspires me?
When I watched WALL-E when I was a child, I was immediately hooked into the character & the story. The animation in, WALL-E itself was really captivating to see & how it all came together, it really captured my goal to becoming an animator.
Brad Bird
Brad Bird is another animator, director & voice actor at Pixar, who inspires me in becoming an animator. He's most known for, The Iron Giant, The Incredibles & Incredibles 2.
Why his work inspires me?
Bird's work in the Incredibles franchise, which is another childhood treasure for me, really gave me the energy to work as an animator.
Having a fiddle with Unreal Engine For this programming lesson, we were meant to be doing a practical lesson, where we fiddled around with Unreal Engine. We were getting used to the controls & the overall UI. For materials we had to save them (I dont remember the controls & hotkeys very well) Our teacher told us, she told us to find a game level or map that we can, using the functions & hotkeys we were taught, greybox a game level of a choosing. UE4 wasn't working for me so, someone next to me shared their computer with me. We decided to the first "Cube & Button" test chamber from Portal. Here's the original version: And, here is our greybox version of the first test chamber (see image below) Overall, we nailed the accuracy and we're both are happy with the final result.
VFX Introduction For our first VFX lesson, our teacher give us the cameras that we'll be using for the first term already. So, we can get used to how it works and how we can adjust certain settings. The cameras we used are the Nikon D3200 Aperture Aperture is the hole in the iris of the camera, it is measured in F-Stops. Small F-Stop is a large opening, which allows more light to enter into the lens. Large F-Stops is smaller opening, which allows less light to enter into the camera. The Recommended setting for Aperture is F 3.5. How to set it? To adjust Aperture you hold he +/- button which is located here (see image below) Then scroll using the command dial to suit your needs. Make sure you aren't in Liveview mode when doing this. ISO ISO is how sensitive the sensor inside the camera is to light. It's a good idea to keep the ISO as low as possible. 100-200 is a good ISO setting. How to set it? To adjust the ISO, hold the FN button and use the com...
Final Major Project 2022 (Production) Now, that I've got all of my Pre-Production documents finished, it's time to do some filming. I was originally had planned to do filming over the Easter holidays but, I've not had anyone to help hit record for me so, I've had to wait until that has finished. I've been using some of my lesson time to film. I've used a Nikon D3300 DSLR Camera to film and these were the settings I've used for the indoor shots were; Shutter Speed: 1/50 ISO @ 200 or 300(depending on room lighting) Frame Rate: 25fps Aperture: F3.5 Filming outdoors was a bit of a difficult experience for me this time, mainly due to people coming in & out either to go to their next lesson or their leaving campus, for the day. The weather changing was also a bit cumbersome during filming, and it kept me adjusting the camera settings repeatedly. It was a bit of a hassle and some of the harassment from pestering students I experienced didn't help either. ...
Comments
Post a Comment